Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gretchen the Runner

So recently, Gretchen's friends have been encourage a new habit, running!!! She and some of her girlfriends are going to run across Florida in a 24 hour relay and so they have been training by doing several of the local 5K runs. Gretchen is building to do a 10K we just need to find one that she wants to run in or works out with our current schedule. But we will, this is a picture from the Susan G. Komen run for the Cure in conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness.

3 comments:

Mohna said...

Way to go Gretchen! You and your sisters are becoming quite the runners!! And how awesome for Maddie to play at her graduation and I can't believe she's going to be in junior high already! She's still a little girl to me!! But she really is a wonderful, talented, young lady! And McKay is not a toddler anymore...wow! I can't wait to see you all this summer! Love ya!

Steve and Katie said...

Woot, Woot!!! You are awesome Gretchen. Emily wanted to do something like that soon. She will train after Evelyn is born, but I will be on hold for awhile. I am running pretty well but not sure I can tackle something like that quite yet! Good luck, I know you will do great!

DeAnne said...

That's so awesome Gretchen! I used to run a lot back in the day and would really like to get back in the habit again.