Thursday, February 7, 2008

Madalyn's Ankle

Madalyn fractured her growth plate again. She ran into a classmate at school and heard it crack 3 times and then it hurt really bad. Her teacher at school didn't think much about it and I didn't either when she came home becuase she complains about it hurting quite a bit. Later that evening I noticed that she'd been sitting on the couch all afternoon reading instead of the usual bike-ride or trampoline so I went to look at her ankle. It was really swollen and purple all around and underneath her ankle. Talk about a bad mommy moment. We got her iced and comfortable and saw several doctors the next day. After being referred to a pediactric orthpeadic she was casted and told to take it easy for the next 6 weeks. She's having a rough time getting used to her cast but she's been a real tropper about getting where she needs to go. Her elementary school is 3 floors and she has to climb 4 flights of stairs to get to several of her specials, (music, drama, etc) She chooses to climb stairs instead of ride the elevator most days.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Maddie! I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. Ouch! Gretchen, so glad that you're a "blogger" now. This is so fun to see everyone's pictures and read about what they're doing. :) Tell Maryn, I'm so happy that she got a brand new bike, how fun!

DeAnne said...

Gretchen, I am so glad you have a blog! I was just trying to get my other sisters to do one too. It will be great to see what you all are up to. The girls are growing up so much. I hope Maddie's ankle feels better soon. I was just in a boot walker myself and they are no fun!